A Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) and a High Deductible Health plan are available through United Healthcare Medical Insurance. Dental and vision plans are also available. The school pays 90 percent of the individual employee’s premium, 90 percent of the employee’s portion of the employee/children premium, or 50 percent of a family or employee/partner premium for each eligible employee who purchases his/her insurance through the school’s plan.
DentaQuest Access ePPO is a managed dental benefit. Employees can choose from over 2,100 in-network dentists. Benefits are paid in accordance with a defined schedule of benefits, and amounts that members are required to pay vary by procedure. Employees enrolled in the DentaQuest Plan are responsible for 100 percent of the premium.
MetLife Dental Plan allows members more freedom in choosing dentists. Members can select dentists on their own, but the plan offers an in-network and out-of-network benefit based on the network the dentist is in. Deductibles and coinsurances apply for certain procedures. Employees enrolled in the MetLife Plan are responsible for 100 percent of the premium.
Davis Vision provides employees with in-network benefits of one free eye exam a year and a pair of eyeglasses or contact lenses every 12 months. Employees enrolled in the vision plan are responsible for paying 100 percent of the premium.
大发体育官方网址Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance equal to two times the employee's annual salary up to $175,000 is provided at no cost to the employee after 30 days. Employees are eligible for this benefit at 75% or more full-time equivalency.
Once a full-time employee (75 percent FTE or more) completes one year of continuous employment with the School, he or she will be eligible for short-term disability (“STD”) coverage. This will apply in the event he or she cannot work due to his or her serious illness or injury for absences up to three (3) months in any twelve-month period measured backward from the first day of coverage. After three (3) months of absence for medical reasons, the employee, if eligible, may apply for long-term disability benefits.
Long-term disability insurance will pay 60% of an employee's salary after a three-month elimination period. This insurance is required for all 75% or more full-time equivalency after three months of employment.
All employees can immediately begin contributing a portion of their salary to a retirement savings plan on a pre-tax or post-tax basis. After one year of employment, the School will make a 3 or 6 percent match to the eligible employee’s contribution of 3 or 6 percent of salary for a total of 6 or 12 percent. If the employee was contributing to a retirement savings plan immediately prior to employment at Garrison Forest School, the School’s match will start immediately. All employees at 50 percent or more full-time equivalency are eligible for the matching contribution by the School.
Garrison Forest offers a Flexible Spending Plan as defined under Section 125 of the Internal Revenue Code. This plan allows for certain expenses to be paid with pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction. Employees are eligible for this benefit at 50% or more full-time equivalency.
大发体育官方网址Employees are allowed seven days paid sick leave each year. Documentation of illness may be required. This benefit may not be carried over from year to year. There are certain circumstances in which an eligible employee is compensated for absences up to three months or until long-term disability goes into effect. Additional information is available in the Business Office.
Financial assistance with tuition and awards for curriculum development and summer sabbaticals may be available to full-time faculty. Awarding of this assistance is subject to availability of funds and relevance to the course work and the curriculum of the School. See the Professional Development page for more information.
Garrison Forest offers on-campus residential housing for many faculty members. Our on-campus faculty enjoy a sense of community, leadership, and family with not only the boarding students, but with the day students as well.
大发体育官方网址On-site day care facilities are available to children of faculty members and staff. The facility is certified by the State of Maryland and provides a nurturing and caring environment for children aged infant to three-years- old.
大发体育官方网址Faculty members are provided laptop computers for use both on- and off-campus. This allows them to access the Internet, as well as to connect to their e-mail without the need to be on campus. Additionally, no-interest loans are available for computer purchases or upgrades through the Business Office.